Best served with Yolo Halloumi premium cheese
- 3 cups slow roasted vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini, capsicums, or even fresh asparagus, mushrooms etc
- 2 sheets pre-rolled flaky pastry
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 200 gms sliced and cut into strips YOLO halloumi
- Place pastry side by side on a baking tray lined with baking paper and pinch pastry together at the edge to join sheets
- Score with a knife the edges of the pastry 1 ½ cm to create a rim
- Spread the roasted vegetables over the pastry and add the red onion
- Top with halloumi (you can add it without cooking first or cook it if you want it golden brown when the tart is ready)
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C until pastry is golden brown
- Serve warm with a green salad.
- To slow roast your own vegetables place tomatoes cut in half in a bowl with wedges of capsicum (de-seeded) and slices of zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil. Toss gently.
- Spread on a baking sheet covered oven tray and top with fresh basil and oregano
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 150°C for a hour then turn the oven off and let the vegetables cook until the oven is cold (perfect for doing overnight)
- The vegetables will keep in the fridge for about a week. They are great to use in pasta dishes